- Step 1: find the class code.
- Step 2: send Students the class code.
- Step 3: join the class.
- Step 4 (Optional): ask Students to add a Backup Email.
- Enrolling allocated students and self-paid Premium students in the same class.
- Next: create a Grading Calendar for the class.
Step 1: find the class code.
Go to https://admin.smartmusic.com/login and log in. Select Classes. A list of existing classes appears. The class code is under the Invite Code column, next to the Class Name. Select to copy this code.
The Invite Code can also be found by selecting under Settings & Roster on the Classes page and viewing the Enroll Students page. Select the Enroll Students dropdown and select Copy My Class Code or select the on the Enroll Students page to copy this code.
Step 2: send Students the class code.
To join the class, Students need to go to https://admin.smartmusic.com/join, enter the class code, and select Next. Use the copied class code to create a custom email or Select Enroll Students dropdown and select Use Email Template on the Enroll Students page.
An email template appears. Select Copy To Clipboard to use the provided text in an email for the Students. Select Back To Students to return to the Enroll Students page.
Step 3: join the class.
To join the class, Students need to go to https://admin.smartmusic.com/join, enter an email address and the class code.
To see the full enrollment and Student account creation process check out Creating an account and joining a class. Or, take a look at Joining a class with an existing account for Students enrolling in multiple classes.
Important note: This is an entirely new platform, and their Classic SmartMusic account does not carry over. Select here for more information.
Step 4 (Optional): ask Students to add a backup email.
When creating an account or editing a user profile, Students have the option to add a backup email. If a Student cannot receive emails from SmartMusic, but needs to reset their password, they can send a password reset email to their backup email address. When they reset their password on the login page, the password reset email is sent to both their primary email address and their backup email address.
If you'd like the option to change your Students' account passwords for them, you can ask your students to add your own email address in the Backup Email field.
Enrolling allocated students and self-paid Premium students in the same class.
Students who have been allocated a seat on your platform and students who have purchased their own Premium subscription can be enrolled in the same class, however, you'll need go through a few steps to do so.
- Create two classes, one School-Funded and the other Student-Funded.
- Enroll the students you plan to allocate a seat on your platform into the School-Funded class.
- Enroll the students that need to purchase a Premium subscription into the Student-Funded class. When the students begin to enroll, they will be asked to purchase their subscription for $20.00/year.
- Enroll the students from the Student-Funded class into the School-Funded class, either sending out the class code to your self-paid Premium students or Enrolling Previous Students.