The platform management tools in the SmartMusic Admin portal allow Administrators and Educators to manage their SmartMusic platform by allocating and deallocating their paid seats.
TEACH Educator seats
- A platform Administrator allocates a TEACH Educator seat to a currently unconnected teacher on the Educators page by clicking Invite New Educator and clicking TEACH. See make yourself an educator or invite others to connect as an educator.
- A platform Administrator allocates a TEACH Educator seat to a currently connected teacher on the Educators page by clicking TEACH under the Access Type column.
- A platform Administrator deallocates a TEACH Educator seat from a currently TEACH Educator on the Educators page by clicking Free under the Access Type column, or by archiving an educator from the platform. See Archiving an educator.
TEACH Student seats
- An Educator allocates one or more TEACH Student seats on the Manage Classes page by creating a premium class and sharing the class code with the students. The seat is not allocated until the student joins the premium class. Remember that if a student is already enrolled in another premium class in the organization, the student will not consume an additional seat. See Creating a class and Adding students to your class.
- An Educator deallocates one or more TEACH Student seats on the Manage Classes page by either downgrading the class itself, or by removing a student from the class’ student list (assuming that student is not also enrolled in another premium class). See Removing a student from a class.
- An Educator deallocates all TEACH Student seats within a class (assuming that students are not also enrolled in another premium class) by archiving the class using the Manage Classes page. See Archiving a class.
PLAY Plus seats
An Administrator or Educator can allocate a PLAY Plus seat to a connected student.
1. Log into https://admin.smartmusic.com and select Classes. The Manage Classes page appears. Click Students to view a list of your active students.
2. The PLAY Plus Allocation section displays how many PLAY Plus seats you have allocated and how many you have available. If you do not have enough PLAY Plus seats available for your students, click Add PLAY Plus Seats to contact our Sales Team. Click Allocate All to set every students' status in the current class to Yes in the PLAY Plus Status column and give them access to premium content.
Click Deallocate All to remove PLAY Plus seats from all of the students in the current class and set the students' PLAY Plus Status to No.
3. Use the No and Yes buttons under the PLAY Plus Status column to allocate PLAY Plus seats manually.