Administrators and Educators can manage their SmartMusic platform by allocating and deallocating their paid seats. Take a look below for instructions on how to make sure all Students and Educators have the correct access level.
Full Access Educator seats
An Educator with Full Access can use all the teaching tools in SmartMusic and create Basic or Standard classes, based on platform availability. See Managing SmartMusic access for more information.
- Allocate a Full Access Educator seat to an unconnected teacher on the Educators page by selecting Invite New Educator and selecting Full. See make yourself an educator or invite others to connect as an educator.
- Allocate a Full Access Educator seat to a Free Access Educator on the Educators page by selecting Full under the Access Type column.
- Deallocate a Full Access Educator seat from a Full Access Educator on the Educators page by selecting Free under the Access Type column, or by archiving an Educator from the platform. See Archiving an educator.
Basic and Standard Student seats
Basic and Standard Student seats are defined by the content they can access. Students with Basic access can open or be assigned titles from the Free Selections and Method Book categories of the SmartMusic library. Students with Standard access can open titles from the Free Selections and Method Book or be assigned any premium title. For more information see Managing SmartMusic Access.
- Allocate Basic or Standard Student seats on the Classes page by creating a Basic or Standard class and sharing the class code with the students. A Student seat is not allocated until the student joins the class. Remember that if a student is already enrolled in another class of the same access level or higher on the SmartMusic platform, the student will not consume an additional seat. See Creating a class and Adding students to your class.
- Deallocate individual Basic or Standard Student seats by removing a Student from the student list. The Basic or Standard Student seat will be deallocated, assuming that Student is not also enrolled in another Basic or Standard class. See Removing a student from a class.
- Deallocate Basic or Standard Students seats en masse in two ways:
All Basic or Standard Student seats within a downgraded or archived class will be deallocated (assuming that Students are not also enrolled in another premium class) by archiving the class using the Classes page.
An Administrator or Educator can allocate a Premium seat to a connected Student.
Log into https://admin.smartmusic.com and select Classes. The Classes page appears. Select Students to view a list of your active students.
The Enroll Students page appears. The Premium Seats section displays how many Premium seats have been allocated and how many are available. If there are not enough Premium seats available, select Add Seats to contact our Sales Team. Select Allocate All to set every Students' status in the current class to Yes in the Premium column and allow access to premium content outside an assignment.
Select Deallocate All to remove Premium seats from all of the students in the current class and set the students' Premium Status to No. To allocate or deallocate individual PLAY Plus seats select No and Yes under the Premium column.