Welcome to the beta version of the new SmartMusic!
We're extremely happy to have you on this pre-commercial release, and we are looking forward to receiving your feedback. If you have any issues or comments during this beta, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Preliminary: You should have accepted the invitation received by email, and created an account.
1. CREATE A CLASS
- Go to your homepage: https://home.smartmusic.com
- Click on the Create A New Class button under Class & Student Management.
- Follow the instructions on-screen to create your class.
2. COMMUNICATE THE CLASS CODE TO YOUR STUDENTS TO INVITE THEM
- After creating a class, you are redirected to your list of classes. You can get the class code on this table.
- To join your class, your students need to go to https://admin.smartmusic.com/join and enter the class code.
- If they don't have an account, they should click Join & Create Account and follow the instructions on-screen.
- If they already have an account and are not logged in, they should click Join & Log In.
- If they are already logged in, they automatically join the class.
NB: You should NOT join your own class with your teacher account.
SmartMusic does not yet handle two roles at the same time, although it will soon!
Instead, you may log out and join a class by creating an account with a different email address.
3. GO BACK TO THE SMARTMUSIC APP AND START CREATING ASSIGNMENTS
- Launch the SmartMusic application by clicking on the dedicated button "Back To SmartMusic"
- Your homepage appears.
- Please refer to our other articles for instructions on Assignment Creation and Grading.
NB: Only students that have joined your class will be visible when scheduling an assignment.
The automatic scheduling for students that enroll later is not yet available.