- Step 1: find the class code.
- Step 2: send Students the class code.
- Step 3: join the class.
- Step 4 (Optional): ask Students to add a Backup Email.
- Enrolling allocated students and self-paid Premium students in the same class.
- Class code has expired.
- Next: create a Grading Calendar for the class.
Step 1: find the class code.
Go to https://admin.smartmusic.com/login and log in. Select Classes. A list of existing classes appears. The class code is under the Invite Code column, next to the Class Name. Select to copy this code.
The Invite Code can also be found by selecting under Settings on the Classes page and viewing the class settings page. Select the Enroll Students dropdown and select Copy My Class Code or select the on the Enroll Students page to copy this code.
Step 2: send Students the class code.
To join the class, Students need to go to https://admin.smartmusic.com/join, enter the class code, and select Next. Use the copied class code to create a custom email or Select Enroll Students dropdown and select Use Email Template on the Enroll Students page.
An email template appears. Select Copy To Clipboard to use the provided text in an email for the Students. Select Back To Students to return to the Enroll Students page.
Step 3: join the class.
To join the class, Students need to go to https://admin.smartmusic.com/join, enter an email address and the class code.
To see the full enrollment and Student account creation process check out Creating an account and joining a class. Or, take a look at Joining a class with an existing account for Students enrolling in multiple classes.
Important note: This is an entirely new platform, and their Classic SmartMusic account does not carry over. Select here for more information.
Step 4 (Optional): ask Students to add a backup email.
When creating an account or editing a user profile, Students have the option to add a backup email. If a Student cannot receive emails from SmartMusic, but needs to reset their password, they can send a password reset email to their backup email address. When they reset their password on the login page, the password reset email is sent to both their primary email address and their backup email address.
If you'd like the option to change your Students' account passwords for them, you can ask your students to add your own email address in the Backup Email field when they create their accounts.
Enrolling allocated students and self-paid Premium students in the same class.
Students who have been allocated a seat on your platform and students who have purchased their own Premium subscription can be enrolled in the same class, however, you'll need go through a few steps to do so.
- Create two classes, one School-Funded and the other Student-Funded.
- Enroll the students you plan to allocate a seat on your platform into the School-Funded class.
- Enroll the students that need to purchase a Premium subscription into the Student-Funded class. When the students begin to enroll, they will be asked to purchase their subscription.
- Enroll the students from the Student-Funded class into the School-Funded class, either sending out the class code to your self-paid Premium students or Enrolling Previous Students.
Class code has expired.
When creating a class you have the option to add a date in the Last Date to Join Class field. If that date passes and a student attempts to enroll in the class, they'll receive the message "The class code you entered has expired. To join this class, the teacher will need to create a new class code."
To allow the student to enroll in the class, you can extend the date or remove the date by going to the Class Details. After extending the date or removing the date, be sure to select Update. Please take a look at Editing your Class Details for more information.