Administrators and Teachers can manage their MakeMusic Cloud platform by allocating and deallocating their paid seats. Take a look below for instructions on how to make sure all Students and Teachers have the correct access level.
Full Access Teacher seats
A Teacher with Full Access can use all the teaching tools in MakeMusic Cloud and create Free or Paid classes, based on availability of subscriptions on the platform. See Managing MakeMusic Cloud access for more information.
- Allocate a Full Access Teacher seat to an unconnected teacher on the Teachers page by selecting Invite New Teacher. Enter the teacher's email address, and select either Teacher Subscription or Teacher Subscription + Print (if your platform has available Print add-ons). See make yourself an educator or invite others to connect as an educator.
- The Teacher Sub. column displays an orange dot for teachers who currently have a Teacher seat allocated on the platform. On the other hand, a grey dot is used for teachers whose subscriptions are owned individually or come from another platform.
- Allocate a Full Access Teacher seat to a Free Access Teacher on the Teachers page by selecting the checkbox to the left of their name and choosing Allocate Teacher Sub. You can select multiple teachers at once to perform this action.
- Deallocate a Full Access Teacher seat from a Full Access Teacher on the Teachers page by selecting the checkbox to the left of their name and choosing Deallocate Teacher Sub. A Teacher seat is also deallocated when choosing Archive Teachers to archive the Teacher from the platform. You can select multiple teachers at once to perform these actions.
Students with Performer seats can open or be assigned any title from the MakeMusic Cloud catalog. Students who join a Paid class on a platform will automatically receive Performer access. For more information, see Managing MakeMusic Cloud Access.
- Allocate Performer seats on the Classes page by creating a class connected to a platform where Performer subscriptions are available. Share the class code with the students for them to join. A Performer seat is not allocated until the student joins the class. Remember that if a student is already enrolled in another class on the same MakeMusic Cloud platform, the student will not consume an additional seat. See Creating a class and Adding students to your class.
- Deallocate individual Performer seats by removing a Student from the student list. Select the checkbox(es) to the left of each student's name, and select the Remove button. The Performer seat(s) will be deallocated, assuming the selected student(s) are not also enrolled in another Paid class on the platform. See Removing a student from a class.
- Deallocate Performer seats en masse in two ways:
- Downgrade the class itself. Under Class Type, select Free.
- Archive the class by selecting the icon in the Archive column. See Archiving a class.
All Performer seats within a downgraded or archived class will be deallocated, assuming that Students are not also enrolled in another active, Paid class.
An Administrator or Teacher can allocate Print seats to connected Teachers (with Teacher subscriptions) and Performers (students enrolled in a Paid class). With a Print subscription, a teacher or student can print for their personal use any printable title from the MakeMusic Cloud catalog. Printable titles display the printer icon in the search results.
Print seats - Teachers
Allocate Print seats to Full Access Teachers on the Teachers page. The Print column displays an orange dot for those that currently have Print access. Select individual teachers by clicking the checkbox to the left of each teacher's name, or click the checkbox at the top left to select all teachers. Then select the Allocate Print or Deallocate Print button to allocate or deallocate Print seats to/from the selected teachers.
If one or more of the selected teachers do not have Full Access Teacher subscriptions, you will be prompted to allocate Teacher subscriptions along with Print.
Print seats - Performers
Log into https://admin.smartmusic.com and select Classes. The Classes page appears. Click on the name of a class to view the list of enrolled students.
The Enroll Students page appears. The Print Add-Ons section on the right displays how many Print subscriptions have been allocated and how many are available. The Print column displays a dot for students that currently have Print access.
Select individual students by clicking the checkbox to the left of each student's name, or click the checkbox at the top left to select all students in the class. Then select the Allocate Print or Deallocate Print button to allocate or deallocate Print seats to/from the selected students.
Print seats can also be deallocated by removing a student from a class or archiving a class, assuming they are enrolled in no other class (free or paid).